Auto Accident Injuries
If you have been in an accident it is best to have your spine checked even if you have minimal symptoms such as feeling stiff, fatigued or just not quite right. If you have any symptoms such as pain, numbness, tingling, headaches or difficulty sleeping you should definitely seek chiropractic evaluation. Right after an accident you may not even notice the injuries have occurred. This is in large part due to the adrenalin released, which tends to help decrease inflammation and hide the pain. Hospital ER’s, may downplay your injuries as they are focused on life threatening conditions. It is common over the next two days to two weeks for the pain and other symptoms to increase. Chiropractic is ideally suited to treat traumatic injuries that occur in an auto accident. We have vast experience in treating the injuries that occur. Helping a patient return to health after an accident is what we are geared for. This is what you can expect from our office:
- Our front office can help you through the claim process if needed.
- A direct consultation and detailed examination with Dr. Kreger including an explanation of the injuries and treatment plan.
- X-rays and imaging ordered through nearby EPIC Imaging with a report from a board certified radiologist.
- If care is indicated the following may be included:
- Appropriate manipulation of spine and extremitiesInterferential therapy to decrease pain, inflammation and swelling.
- Medical referrals if indicated to trusted professionals including orthopedic surgeons, neurologists, neuro-surgeons, pain specialists and physical therapists.
- Ultrasound therapy to decrease swelling and provide micro-massage.
- Massage therapy to restore normal muscle function.
- Home exercise instruction to minimize your in office time and hasten return to normal activities.
Our goal is to return you to the maximum healing possible in an appropriate time frame and we will see you through that whole process. We also are respectful of your time so your care will be rendered as efficiently as possible.
Our office is also very knowledgeable and adept at helping you through the medical-legal aspects of care within our scope but if further help is needed we have a list of trusted and capable attorneys we can provide for you.You can see a Chiropractic Physician directly. You do not need an MD referral or permission from an insurance company. In the State of Oregon all auto policies have a PIP (Personal Injury Protection) clause in the policy, even liability only policies, that allows for up to $15,000 over a year to cover your treatment expenses, so there are resources for you to seek treatment immediately. Motorcycle, commercial vehicles and policies in the state of Washington may have PIP also. In Pedestrian and Bicycle injuries you may very well be covered on PIP coverage of the vehicle that hit you or an auto policy of yours or a family member. Please call the office and we will be glad to help you as we schedule your appointment.
If you injured by an auto that was at fault and do not have insurance coverage for care, you may still be able to get treatment if you have legal representation and we can delay collection of fees if your attorney is willing to will work with us.
It is best to be examined immediately if you have been injured.